Tenacity Project Alumnae
Alumni are our ambassadors to the world. They take what it means to be part of the community, distill it into their own unique brand of something—tenacity, say, or resilience, or empowerment—and they bring it with them wherever they go. Someone in Saratoga, New York has probably never heard of the Tenacity Project, but just might share a class with Tess Mattimore. A little girl in Scotland will probably never wear a Tenacity uniform, but her coach, Lauren Goerz, will show her what it takes to be a fighter, a teammate, a champion, a woman.
In 2007, Tenacity had 80 players, ranging in commitment and skill levels. I imagine it a little like a kaleidoscope—the individual pieces shifting like crazy, the colors (the message) big and beautiful and strangely consistent. By 2015, we had 450 girls participating in team programs and thousands impacted by our camps, clinics, tournaments, and coach/player development initiatives. We’ve graduated over 225 girls in the Bay Area, Sacramento and Houston, with over 100 girls playing at the college level. They’re pursuing big dreams and we’re proud to have helped pushed them out of the start gate. The kaleidoscope is bigger now, with new windows, new arms, new shards of color all over the world, the pieces everywhere a little more fixed, the light more constant, but still—bright! So thanks, alumni. You’re kind of our greatest product.
Read more about our Alumnae in our blog: Tenacity Times
Save the Date!
Save the date for our upcoming alumnae events!
- Alumnae Collegiate Game Scores: 2/5 – 2/12 (2/15/2017)
- NorCal All American Girls Lacrosse Selections: Tenacity players sweep all 16 spots on the NorCal All American team! (6/30/2016)
- Senior Spotlight: Sara Reid, Tenacity Bay Area (6/23/2016)
- Senior Spotlight: Winnie Brandfield-Harvey, Tenacity Houston (6/16/2016)
- Senior Spotlight: Jensen Neff, Tenacity Bay Area (6/9/2016)
- Senior Spotlight: Laurel Maunder, Tenacity Sacramento (6/2/2016)
- Alumnae Collegiate Game Scores: 5/23 – 5/30 (5/31/2016)
- Alumnae Collegiate Game Scores: 5/9 – 5/16 (5/23/2016)
- Sophie Ross Highlight in East Bay Times: Sports Scene (5/23/2016)
- Alumnae Collegiate Game Scores: 4/18- 4/24 (5/19/2016)
Connect with us
Share an alumnae update with us or join the Tenacity Project alumnae network.