Job Opening: Tenacity Project Youth Program Coordinator
Location: Houston, Texas
The Youth Program Coordinator is responsible for designing, growing and managing Tenacity Houston’s youth lacrosse programs in the Southeast TX geographic area. The Youth PC works with and reports to the TX Director to coach, organize, and lead girls youth and high school lacrosse players and to foster an environment in which girls learn life lessons as well as lacrosse skills. This is a full-time year-round position with benefits. Salary information available upon request.
- Build, manage, and coach Youth teams throughout Southeast Texas in the Fall, Winter and Summer Seasons
- Coordinate and coach a Tenacity team-tournament, summer league/fall ball, and playdays.
- Direct Camps, Summer Leagues and Clinics.
- Serve as coach and consultant for youth and high school programs in the region and act as support for consulting efforts in other regions.
- Assist with recruiting, hiring, and training personnel.
- Provide administrative support for all program operations including, but not limited to: travel, procurement, equipment management, accounting, marketing, community engagement, fundraising, and customer service.
- Desire to design programs that empower girls and inspire passion
- Comfort leading programs and people
- Ability to establish rapport with players and their families
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative
- Comfort in fixing problems in real-time
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment in decision-making
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to take initiative and problem-solve
- Possession of a sense of urgency to do what it takes to encourage player learning
- Responsiveness; Follow-up and follow-through with players, families, and Tenacity staff
- Ability to travel throughout the city and to tournaments throughout the country
- Valid Driver’s license with appropriate insurance coverage
Bachelors Degree in related field preferred. Coaching and/or playing women’s lacrosse experience necessary.